Department of Transport Publishes New Taxi and Private Hire Statistics
The Department of Transport has published its annual Taxi and Private Hire Statistics for 2020 - 2021
DfT HC & PHV Statistics 2020 - 2021
- There were 251,100 licensed taxis and PHVs, a decrease of 15.9% since 2020
- 77% of all licensed vehicles were PHVs
- 54% of licensed taxis were wheelchair accessible
- 2% of PHVs were wheelchair accessible
- There were 343,800 driver licences, a decrease of 5.7% since 2020
- 64% of licences were PHV only licences
- 13% were taxi only licences
- 22% were dual licences
The statistics in this release have been impacted by the national restrictions implemented from March 2020 onwards in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Also of note:
- Disability awareness training requirement for drivers has increased
- 85% of Licensing Authorities require CSE training
- All Licensing Authorities require an enhanced DBS check, however 5% of Licensing Authorities do not appear to require barred list checks
- Visit the NALEO website for more information on safeguarding and DBS checks
Protect Duty Consultation - Closing 2nd July 2021
This consultation is open to the public, and is targeted at venues, organisations, businesses, local and public authorities, and/or individuals who own or operate at publicly accessible locations or others that a ‘Protect Duty’ would potentially affect.
A publicly accessible location is defined as any place to which the public or any section of the public has access, on payment or otherwise, as of right or by virtue of express or implied permission. Publicly accessible locations include a wide variety of everyday locations licensed by local authorities and the Government welcomes responses from anyone with an interest in or experience of the areas being consulted on within this consultation.
The Protect Duty Consultation will close at 11.45 on 2nd July. The link to the consultation is below.
Protect Duty - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Membership renewals for 2021-22 are now due
To renew or apply for membership, please contact us for the individual and corporate membership forms.
Individual Membership is £38.00